Sunday 7 June 2015

Reset and re-pair

Well sh!t

I’ve been having battery issues for the last week or two. Nothing major, but it’s been getting progressively worse, ending the day not just in the red, but in the single digits. Last night I put my watch on charge with just 3% remaining, so this morning I decided to unpair the watch, do a full reset and start afresh. The whole process took a half-hour or so; I accepted the defaults and didn't install any apps, just modifying notifications to minimise their affect.

I’ve had a quiet day today, but I just glanced at my wrist and the watch is completely dead; it’s 9.40 pm. Fifteen hours since the reset.

So yeah. Sh!t.

Full charge overnight and when I take it off the charger it says 100%. I mention this as yes, it's unusual; normally it’s at 99%, or just flashes 100% before dropping to 99%, and as small as this difference this it makes me hopeful that something’s changed for the better.

Light use for the next couple of days, and I’m back to finishing the day at ~25% charge. Interestingly, during the reset I opted to install no third-party  apps, and I don’t miss them at all - on the contrary, I’d still like to ditch some of the stock apps, particularly everything activity-related.

And I can’t can’t emphasise enough how much I want to get the time permanently displaying on the watch; it may be a great 1.0, but it's a 0.7 device overall and 0.4 as a watch.